Which type of Garden Shed would suit me best?
- Wooden Sheds
- Metal Sheds
- Plastic Sheds
These are the classic type of garden shed we all know and love. Available in a range of sizes and styles from the conventional apex shed to the pent style or even with a lean-to canopy. These can be used for storage of bike, gardening equipment, garden furniture, etc or simple used as a place to potter and tinker. Depending on the timber treatment, wooden sheds will last for at least 10 years and even longer with regular preservative application.
Advantages of a timber shed:
- A wooden garden shed will easily blend into your garden
- The natural timber will add rustic charm to your garden
- Timber sheds are not as noisy as metal in high winds and rain
- There is a more regulated temperature inside during summer than a metal shed
These are a strong, durable, secure and long lasting option for your garden storage. Again, these are available in a variety of sizes, designs and are made from Galvanised steel. You can use these for similar purposes as their wooden counterparts. They Several have a 15 year warranty.
Advantages for buying a Metal Shed:
- Firstly a metal shed will be better value for money than a timber or plastic shed
- Because the components are lighter, a metal shed is easier build
- The shed will be resistance to pest infestations and woodworm
- Metal sheds are fire resistant and are ideal for use in caravan parks
- Less maintenance is needed for a metal shed than a timber one
These are a great option for people who want a storage solution which is easy to assemble and low maintenance. Several are coated to prevent sunlight damage and have 15 year warranties.
Advantages of plastic sheds:
- Lightweight, so easy to build or relocate
- Will last longer than a wooden or metal shed
- Maintenance free