Monthly Archives: April 2014
How Big Can My Shed Be?
Planning permission regulations differ from area to area, so it is always best to check with your local council.
However, here are some of the most common, widely used rules for erecting a shed on your land*
The common rules:
- Sheds should be single storey.
- There should be no platforms, balconies or verandas on sheds.
- Sheds should be a maximum of three metres high unless they have dual pitched roofs, in which case they can be up to four metres high.
- It has an occupied volume of no more than 15m squared.
- If you build a shed within two metres of your property boundary it can only be up to 2.5 metres high.
- Combined with other extensions and outbuildings, your shed should not cover more than 50 percent of the land around your original house.
- Sheds should
Spend Time in the Garden With the Kids This Easter
Looking for ways to keep the kids busy these Easter holidays? Well, with the children off school and the weather starting to heat up again, Easter is the perfect time to get children involved in gardening and outside enjoying the fresh air.
Here, we give you five great activities to encourage the children to get outside and enjoy their time off school:
Grow an Easter Basket
Kids are always excited to get their Easter basket filled with all kinds of goodies. How much more excited would they be if they created th